Crank Palace is a new book in the Maze Runner series written by James Dashner. The book has first been released as an audiobook on August 25, 2020, with a print copy and e-book following on November 23.
Newt has been to hell and back with his friends.
The Glade. The Maze. The Scorch. The inner halls of WICKED. But now he has a burden that can't be shared with Thomas and the others—the Flare. And Newt can't bear the thought of his friends watching him descend into madness as he succumbs to the virus.
Leaving only a note, Newt departs the Berg before the Gladers return from their mission into Denver, Colorado. From there, he experiences the gritty nightmare of life on the streets, running from the infected and those hunting them, until he ends up in the Crank Palace, the last dumping ground of those without hope. Although Newt thought he was running away from his friends to save them from himself, along the way he meets a young mother named Keisha and her son, Dante, who end up saving Newt in a way he could never have imagined.
Taking place during the latter events of The Death Cure, Crank Palace tells the story of Newt like never before, from inside his own mind, as he searches for meaning in a life gone horribly wrong. He will try to fulfill a newfound destiny before his path leads to its inevitable conclusion—and one last meeting with his best friend.
- Prior to official announcement, James Dashner hinted at a new book retelling of The Maze Runner, Newt's story, and/or 70 years after The Death Cure.
- Rumor has it that he is working on a spinoff series that takes place in the same world but 70 years later. There will be at least three books in that series and foreign language releases are already in the works.
- James Dashner is working on an adult Paranormal Thriller.
- James Dashner announced on Twitter that he will donate his profits from his new novella, CRANK PALACE, to several charities for important causes such as #BLM and #LGBTQ organizations.
- Tantor Audio: Crank Palace
- Barnes & Noble: Crank Palace
- Amazon: Crank Palace
- iBooks: Crank Palace
- Riverdale Avenue Books: Crank Palace
- James Dashner's new website