The Scorch Trials
In The Scorch Trials, Jack begins to build a friendship with Thomas and is tasked with looking after the injured Winston. Later, during the massive thunderstorm in the Scorch, he is struck by lightning, resulting in his leg being blown off and his hair being burned. It is said that Jack has been clutching his knee and writhing in pain. It can be presumed that he died soon after due to shock and blood loss, because this is the last place where Jack is seen. Thomas was also affected by Jack's death besides the deaths of Alby and Chuck.
The Maze Runner
In the Maze Runner film, Jack is seen present during Ben's banishment. Throughout the rest of the film, he is seen helping people around the Glade. He is also seen when Minho arrives right outside of the Glade inside the Maze trying to carry Alby back. Jack starts screaming at them along with the other Gladers to hurry up and get out of the Maze. When the Grievers attack the Glade, Jack hides in the tall grass with Thomas, Teresa, Zart, and Billy. While hiding in the tall grass, Jack witnesses Zart's death and runs out of the tall grass with the others. He then follows them to go help Alby, who is injured. Once they get to Alby, the group runs away and is about to be attacked by a Griever when Newt, Minho, and Frypan arrive with weapons to defend themselves. Jack fights the Grievers off alongside the other Gladers. As Gally plans to sacrifice Thomas and Teresa to the Grievers, the other Gladers rebel against Gally, stating they are going to escape the Maze, and Jack leaves with them. While getting ready to leave the Glade, Jack tells Peter to come join him. Peter agrees and decides to go. Jack survives the Maze Trials and moves on to the Scorch.
In the Scorch Trials film, Jack is seen with Thomas and the other Gladers in WCKD's facility. When they first walk into the building, they arrive in a room with a big table full of food on it. The group runs over to the table and starts eating all the food while laughing and having a good time together. A little bit later, Jack escapes with the rest of the group when Thomas discovers that the facility is used to harvest the Cure from the Immunes. Once the group escapes, they run into an abandoned mall. Jack assists the others in finding survival gear and runs along with the others when Cranks begin chasing the group. While running away from the Cranks, he helps everyone up a flight of stairs, but before he can join them, he is attacked by a Crank which grabs onto him and drags him off the edge of the stairs. Jack calls to Frypan for help, but before Frypan can help him, another Crank jumps on top of Jack and he then falls off and dies.
- His twenty seconds long death scene did not make it into the film's final cut. However, a section of it is seen during the official trailer.
- According to Wes Ball on the audio commentary of the deleted scenes, he said Jack's death was cut because test audiences weren't noticing him.
- It is unknown what exactly killed him in the Scorch Trials film as he is never mentioned by the Gladers.
- Jack is the only "extra" character to be seen with the main group of Gladers that escape from the WCKD facility. However, he was not the only extra not to make the final cut scene: Tim and Billy were also dropped from Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials.
- Bryce Romero is uncredited in the film's credits for The Scorch Trials but many sources like IMDb list him as the character Jack.
- Jack also appears in the deleted scene "Food Fight."