- "We are evil. They are kids... Let the Munies have the world."
- — Chancellor Anderson (The Fever Code)
Chancellor Kevin Anderson was the penultimate chancellor of WICKED, just before the chancellor Ava Paige. He is the main instigator of the Trials creation, of the choice of the Candidates and Elites of their implant, which caused the death of several of them.
He announced his decommission in his last email to the other members of WICKED, called "partners". He admits that he has caught the Flare, and has been affected quicker and more viciously than the original group but he doesn't know why. He makes use of the little sanity he has left to appoint Ava Paige as his successor and to warn the others not to fight the virus as he did but to accept it and to end suffering. It is later discovered in The Fever Code that Ava Paige wrote this email under his name.
On the following day he writes another email but doesn't send it. This message shows the previous chancellor has now lost, in addition to his little mental health; he has bitten off eight of his fingers. Madness makes him say the reverse of what he was fighting for the day previous day, such as let the Immunes rule the world or to subject the Trials to kids. He is killed by Thomas (reluctantly) in the Purge, a task given to them by Ava Paige to wipe out the infected staff in the WICKED headquarters.
No other information about him is communicated after that.
Anderson first appears to be a welcoming man. We first read about him wen he invites Thomas into his office for a talk. During the conversation, he becomes talks about finding the cure for the Flare. Anderson then starts to talk about how he wants Christmas back. He speaks about how he remembers and misses Christmas. He starts to show the true motives behind WICKED's goals- even expressing how much he misses the old times before the Flare virus changed the world. This shows us Anderson's more gentle side. However, he turns more irrational as he becomes a Crank- even cutting off all his fingers apart from two.
- "Come on into my office. [...] Take any one of the seats in front of my desk. We have a lot to talk about." The Fever Code
- "That's exactly what I'm doing. So you'll understand just how important it is that we do whatever it takes to make WICKED a success. To find a cure for this sickness, no matter the cost. No matter... the cost." The Fever Code
- "I want Christmas back." The Fever Code
- "To be fair, I think the world will fix itself eventually. Our objective is to save humanity. Otherwise, what's the point?" The Fever Code