The Maze Runner release is still a couple of months away, but check out these fresh new stills and details about the movie below! You get to see some new, never before seen stuff, and, thanks to Hypable, there's details about book to movie changes! Keep reading now, Gladers!
Behind the Scenes News
- There are between 30-40 people in the Glade, and the first Glader came up about three years ago — Averaging out to about a person a month.
- There are an undetermined number of grievers in the maze but most likely eight; one for each section of the maze.
- The Maze Runner people are considering taking parts of the second book and making them into digital shorts!
- In the film version, Ben is depicted as a runner. It turns out he is actually a veteran runner, right hand man to Minho, and has been in the Glade for at least a year and a half.
- Teresa won’t be spending any of her time in a coma. The coma element was eliminated to free up the plot line to focus more time on why the characters are in the Glade and the existential questions surrounding their memory loss.
- In the movie, the Gladers now gather once a month to celebrate their survival.
- Instead of having Thomas instantly remember his name as he does in the book, he remembers only after he and Gally are about to fight.
That's all the stuff we know so far thanks to Hypable, but it seems like there will be a good number of changes from the book in the movie! What do you think? Will this ruin anything for you? Sound off in the comments below!